A house fire has claimed the life of a Chanute man. 21-year old Michael Grayson died in a fire early Sunday morning at 909 Larson in Chanute. Grayson was unresponsive when firefighters got to him, and was pronounced dead later at Neosho Memorial Regional Medical Center. Investigators say the initial signs point toward an accidental fire and they have no reason to suspect foul play. A black lab that worked as a therapy dog at USD 413 also died in the fire. The Chanute Fire and Police Departments are investigating along with the Kansas State Fire Marshal’s office.